Monday, June 29, 2015

Still Optimistic

As I have explained before the NBA draft, I believe there is reason to be excited about the Celtics this off-season. But after the draft I am a little less confident. I'm not as opposed to the selections made by Danny Ainge as many fans are, but I do think it puts a lot of pressure on the team going forward. I think it is clear that some players will have to be moved this off-season and hopefully for strong players in return. I would not be surprised if the Celtics looked to move either Marcus Smart or James Young. Perhaps even Avery Bradley.

The biggest scare for myself, as a fan, is that Boston will come away from free agency empty handed. That cannot happen. I don't think they will come away with nothing but I do think its looking more and more like they will not be able to land an all-star type player. Demarcus Cousins via trade seems to be the most likely, and even that doesn't look promising right now.

If the Celtics could land a player like Kevin Love or Lamarcus Aldridge, good things will happen. Why Boston is no longer a destination for players is beyond me. The fans are great and so is the city, yet the weather turns players away. Despite all of them owning a home in Los Angeles or Miami anyways.

The free agent frenzy will begin this week and I sure hope Boston ends up with Kevin Love and Paul Pierce, as opposed to Al-Farouq Aminu and Greg Monroe.

No comments:

Post a Comment