Friday, May 22, 2015

Game Two

Well I was way off on last nights game. Golden State got off to the start I expected, but like the Rockets did in game one, the Warriors gave up the lead and the game was tied at the half. It went down to the wire and the ball was in James Harden's hands. Unfortunately that's how it ended, with Harden ultimately fumbling the basketball as time expired. It was a great back and forth battle between Harden and Stephen Curry. The two went for 38 and 33 respectively, and hit countless big shots during the forth quarter. Again, I still believe this series is over in five, but I still haven't seen the blowout I thought was coming. Houston and Golden State are making up for my complete lack of interest in the Hawks-Cavs series.
I know the Hawks are supposed to be the Spurs of the east, which is somewhat true. They are the Spurs of the EAST. A much weaker conference with less competition. The Hawks are much less fun to watch in stretches, as their bench can struggle a lot at times. The offense as a whole goes through rough patches where they can seem to buy a basket, which never seems to be a problem in San Antonio.
LeBron James will always be enough to grab my attention, but only for stretches as his club has not been that great to watch either. With no Kevin Love and an injured Kyrie Irving, the Cavs are not as exciting as they were game one of the playoffs. I have a feeling tonight the Hawks show up and go for over 100. JR Smith does not hit every shot he takes tonight, but maybe Kyrie will hit a few. Hawks will barely win tonight by a slim margin. 105-100.

No comments:

Post a Comment